rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 06 a4 audi has some wired msg instead of milage L3 5-6

Customer Question

Hi my 06 a4 audi has some wired msg instead of milage L3 5-6
Any idea what's that ???
Category: Audi
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You need to do some bi-directional tests to see where the problem is at. It may be as simple as changing the speedo back and forth to metric and back to American/standard.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok how to do that , step by step
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Your scan tool give you that information, step by step. I know it does it if it's a quality scan tool, but I don't know every scan tools data info. I just told you what needs to be done. Use your help section on the tool.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's not to helpful
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
u never saw that kind of msg and u do t know exactly what it isThat's not an answer worth the money i payed
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, but this is an issue with you knowing how to operate your own scan tool. I can't possibly know how all scan tools operate. Please understand.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not a business garage owner , I might borrow a tool but this kind of information u have to admit is not worth the mo ey I payed
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Seeing that this is the case, you need to take the car to a professional garage to do this task for you. Unfortunately, it 's a bit above your skill level. I'm very sorry, but this does happen sometimes.

Please understand and don't hold this against mt rating, this is NOT my fault.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would ask for your help if I knew u gonna send me to the DeallerDon't u think so
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Send me my money back and I won't rate is at all
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any random towers on would give me that answer ,
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

It's not my fault how these things turn out. If there truly was any magic here, there wouldn't be shops anywhere. Sometimes it's easy, and sometimes it's not. Sorry you can't see that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can see that u r not able to help me and that's fineBut I do t wanna pay for that
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

I have helped you, you're just unable to fulfill the requests I gave. No problem, it happens, it's just not my fault.

Thanks again,