peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I recently had body work on the front of my 2007 audi s8 and

Customer Question

I recently had body work on the front of my 2007 audi s8 and when i got the car back my air suspension will now only select from the "lift" position. I used to be able to go through the different levels from any position. Additionally, it doesn't seem like the car lowers as munch as it used to...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What kind of details would you like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is this working???Someone got on to ask for the money...but now nobody is available???Is this a scam?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If they had to disconnect the battery (most likely they did) when the body work was done this can cause a calibration issue with the suspension system or a fault code to set in the suspension computer.The codes need checked in the suspension computer to see what codes are set then the codes cleared out to see if they come back again when the vehicle is restarted and if the issue re occurs.If the code comes back this indicates a suspension component fault that needs repaired.This fault may be a result from the collision as something may have been damaged or may be a fault the body shop caused needing repaired.I would then see if the body shop will cover the costs for repair or cover it through your insurance company as they usually can.

If there is no fault found then I suspect the suspension needs recalibrated with a dealers scan tool/computer to correct this here.The body shop should also be able to get this covered under your insurance repair as well.

One of these will be the cause here needing corrected to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete