Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Ive recently replaced the control arms, tie rods and sway

Customer Question

Ive recently replaced the control arms, tie rods and sway bar links on my Audi A4 b6 model but it's still making a creaking noise when steering left, there's no leaks or faults that are visible to the naked eye and the power steering fluid level is normal.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

I'd say that this could be a worn strut top bearing you chan check this by lightly hold the spring by hand and have your assistant move the steering from left to right with the wheel on the ground - a worn bearing will feel 'notchy' through the spring. The wheel needs to be on the ground for the test to load up the bearing

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you