AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I own a 2005 Audi S4. I have a p2626 code O2 Sensor Pumping

Customer Question

Hi - I own a 2005 Audi S4. I have a p2626 code O2 Sensor Pumping Current Trim Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1,
This code came in May 2015 and the sensor was replaced in June 2015. I am told the replacement sensor is a Bosch with 5 pins.
The code came in again in October 2015. The service technician wants to replace the sensor again. Is this going to fix the problem or should they be looking elsewhere as to why the sensor is failing or the circuit is open.
thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Although it is not all that common for the Bosch sensor(s) to go bad in that short a time, as with any electronic component, the ECU could be at fault.

.

The only way to be sure of the exact cause of the trouble code (P2626) would be to go through the diagnostics for it.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks