AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet. I'm replacing the passenger door

Customer Question

2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet. I'm replacing the passenger door window switch. I have the part and have pulled the panel. But don't know how to remove switch from housing. 4 tabs, 2 on each side - but way inside the housing. What's the secret to get the switch out?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Using a flathead screwdriver on the tab holes. Also tried prying it out - but worried that I'd break the housing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Randall C replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Have you removed the switch from the armrest persay or is this what you are trying to do?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just figured it out. I had pried off the housing in the armrest...I used some channel locks on the switch and moved/rocked it to unseat the tabs, while also pushing the switch out of the housing/panel. All good.

ok