Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

2006 audi a3 2.0t. I'm doing the oil pump conversion

Customer Question

2006 audi a3 2.0t. I'm doing the oil pump conversion from the 1.8t. can anyone help guide me through it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

please see attached installation guide

that will help you out!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know how to take off the timing cover if i need to remove the motor mount. like where do i start?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

you will need an engine brace to hold the motor suspended when you remove the mount and the mount bracket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKQuYkWsNOM

please go to the above link to see how to do the timing belt removal and it will show how to do the covers and mount!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to put the oil pan back on and support it and remove the motor mount? Then once the covers off out the mount back on to hold the engine while I i talked the now oil pump and chain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed the new *
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

correct if you do not have an engine brace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which bolts do I have to remove to get the timing cover off?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

the t30 bolts. pics included

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get the center crank bolt off any tips?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

timing belt still on and use 1/2 " impact gun . must be a good gun like ingersoll rand gun and at least 130 to 140 psi pressure!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I got it off. So can I get away with not replacing the crank gear? The teeth don't look warn and I don't want to go through the pain of putting a new one on if I don't have to. Are they the same gear?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

You mean the chain sprocket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that goes over the crankshaft
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

yes leave the sprocket alone !!!

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed the pump and the car runs great now no more noise but the oil pressure light keeps coming on. I don't understand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im reading something about a housing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oil filter housing
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

possibility there is a series of check valves in the oil filter housing with the lack of oil pressure may have damaged the valves. you may have to replace the assy and i would also replace the pressure switch!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oil pressure switch is the green swtich
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right? Also should I replace it with the 1.8t assembly? I read that it was nessicary
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-06f-block-to-06a-oil-filter-housing-adapter-plate

go to this site please for more info!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will thickening the oil up help this issue temporarly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like i said ive driven the car with for 50 miles and the engine is fine and runs fine just the light comes on
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

the only way to make sure is to have a manual gauge to check the pressure . most likely the light comes on at idle . with the conversion the 1.8t pump does not have the check valves like the 2.0t pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light only comes on when the car is going over 25 mph the goes away at idle
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

so the opposite . need to see with a gauge what is the pressure is over 25 mph