peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 1999 Audi A6 with valve train out of sync with it's

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Audi A6 with valve train out of sync with it's self and with the crank. Is there a way to put it back in time without buying an expensive tool? Thanks, Jim.***@******.***
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the valve train is not lined up here this indicates one of the timing components has failed or is damaged needing replaced.The timing components need inspected to locate the cause of the fault here then that component replaced most likely to resolve this and the timing re aligned to correct this issue.When valve train is out of synch like this here there is a timing component that needs replaced in almost all cases and then the engine re timed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete