peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have audi a4 3.0L Quattro. I put new head gasket & timing

Customer Question

HI, I have audi a4 3.0L Quattro. I put new head gasket & timing belt. then my car fire up but breath up down up down continues. then I clean throttle body. but still the same problem. then I scan showing code (16730) camshaft pos sensor circ. (Bank2) performance- No (19761) Bank 2 exh camshaft pos. sensor-G301/ crankshaft pos. sens. -G28, incorrect allocation Lower limit not reached. pls let me know. thx
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the codes that are set with this issue here this can be due to a fault with the way the timing belt or timing components were installed.If the timing is not lined up properly when this was done this will cause these codes to set here.If you have not had the timing components re checked to make sure everything is installed properly this needs done.If found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I did the timing is used cam lock tools and crank to the mark. Is there any thing I missed? Can you pls email me the details procedure write out for setting timing. Do you need vagcom to set firing timing too? I have chkd the vac lines to make sure too
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I not yet your answer. thx

I apologize for the delay.

Looking through my info here there is allot of info on how to set up and install the timing belt.I can post this info but have to offer it as an additional service due to the amount of info there is for installing the belt and lining up the components.I will send this offer to you.If this does not work for you let me know.

Thanks Pete