FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Thinking of buying a used 2007 q7 3.6. Butttttttt, the

Customer Question

Thinking of buying a used 2007 q7 3.6. Butttttttt, the screen says no navigation installed. Tele button when pushed says no telephone. I can't tell if there is parking assist or camera. Help! Is this simply a shell?
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. You should be able to easily tell if it has the back up camera by looking at the rear of the vehicle. The system will say this if it has failed hardware internally or if the programming failed. 99% of the time the module can be reprogrammed by the dealer and it will work again after that. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. No camera in back so does that means no park assist?
2. When you press the nav button it says no navigation see dealer. Could this be as simple as reprogramming the system? I thought all q7 had the navigation?
3. When you press the tele button it says no telephone installed? Can I reprogram this too? Can I get Bluetooth in the truck? Would it be more cost effective to buy a dvd cd/Bluetooth radio from bestbuy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I reprogram it or do I have to take it to the dealer?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

It has to go to the dealer for this. Only their computer will have the capability of initializing these systems.