Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 audi a6. I tried to go

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 audi a6. I tried to go out and start my car but it keeps saying that the car is in "Safe Mode". I also cannot get my key out of the ignition.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2005 audi a6. I tried to go out and start my car but it keeps saying that the car is in "Safe Mode". I also cannot get my key out of the ignition.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the key is a known concern and Audi has released a service bulletin dealing with this as well as the repair that is needed. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below with the steps to correct the problem. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Key%20lock%20Jan%2027.pdf