peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have an Audi tts 2009 roadster, when I start the car the

Customer Question

I have an Audi tts 2009 roadster, when I start the car the soft top warning light flashes for an extended period it then stops if I try to open the roof a message comes up saying soft top can't be used
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What usually causes a fault like this here is a fault with one of the soft top micro switch sensors sending an incorrect signal on the position of the roof.Even if the roof is fully closed or open one of the switches sends a false signal.

What needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out of the roof control computer to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the sensor signals to see which one is sending the false signal needing replaced.

This is a common issue unfortunately and can fail in its own like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete