peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

1999 audi a6wagon. wipers come on low speed when engine is

Customer Question

Customer: ken, 1999 audi a6wagon. wipers come on low speed when engine is running, try relay, front motor, rear motor, wiper switch. if you turn on rear wiper and shut off front wiper will stop. works ok netell you restart car. also check igntion switch. have you seen this before.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: rear motor has 12 volts at black and yellow wire with key on, white with green , and black with red have 5 volts, with key on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your model has an after market alarm or after market remote start installed this can interfere with the wiper signal and cause an issue like this here.I have seen this before and had to remove the after market component and re wire the vehicle back to factory to correct electrical issues similar to this here.If this does not have any after market components installed let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO AFTER MARKET ALARM SYSTEM , CAR IS ALL STOCK. CHECK ALL WIRE CONNECTOR IN A PILLER AND REAR COMPARTMENT FOR CORROSION.

O.k.,after looking through some diagrams on this model here my diagrams are incomplete.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete