peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Im having the exact same issue as Peg Callicott
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hey ***** *****, im having the exact same issue as Peg Callicott
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced Battery, and my stereo system went to safe mode 2001 audi tt Quatro
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yep i can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Look in your owners manual for a 4 digit code on a card inside the owners manual sleeve.This is the code for your radio.If you do not have this code you may have to visit a dealer to obtain it then enter it.You will need a photo ID and VIN number.Here is the procedure on entering the code once you have it.

• Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "on" position. There is no need to start the car. Turn on the radio and wait for the "SAFE" warning to appear on the deck.

• Depress the "P.SCAN" and "RBDS" buttons simultaneously and continue to hold them down until "1000" appears on the screen. Immediately release both buttons.

• Depress the radio's buttons 1 through 4 repeatedly until the code on the radio deck matches your car's specific code. The buttons correspond to a singe digit in the code. For example: The code 3-2-8-5 will require you to press the 1 button three times, the 2 button two times, the 3 button eight times and the 4 button five times.

• Depress the "P.SCAN" and "RBDS" buttons simultaneously again, and hold them down until the deck re-displays "SAFE." Release both buttons. The radio should operate normally.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Pete, theres no code in the manual...My reason for contacting you was to avoid going to the dealer, is it possible to obtain a code from you?

Unfortunately I dont have access to the code myself here but someone else here might.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete