FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi q5 got gas. car had a hard time starting. finally

Customer Question

audi q5 got gas. car had a hard time starting. finally started. engine light came on. the car had a hard time getting going. got engine code p0016
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. This code if for a camshaft position issue. Most of the time it is because the cam sensor has failed or there is a bad connection on the sensor. This can also be caused by low or dirt engine oil. I would check the oil level and change it if needed. You can then reset the code and see it is returns. If it does then I would replace the cam sensor as it is unlikely that you have a serious internal engine problem if there are not any other noises going on within the engine. Please let me know if you need more help.