FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

I have a 2006 Audi A4.. My car is loud and shakes badly when

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Audi A4.. My car is loud and shakes badly when idle.. And when increasing speed sometimes it studders.. My gear sometimes get crunchy also.. What could be the problem.. I was told maybe the fuel filter but does that also causes the car to shake badly and make a loud noise?
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. This can be caused by a number or different issues but it sounds like the timing belt may be worn out. I would start with the obvious and check and change the oil as necessary as low or dirty oil can affect the valve timing. If that is fine then it is more than likely the belt. Since the check engine light is on the best thing to do would be to scan the computer for codes. This can be done for free at most auto parts stores. If you have this done and bring me the codes it will help me to determine the problem.