Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My name is ***** ***** my issue is my 2007 d3 audi v10 keeps

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** my issue is my 2007 d3 audi v10 keeps giving an p1923 fault every few days
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine warning light keeps coming up showing a p1923 fault
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin this code means

18331/P1923/006435 - Please Check DTC Memory of ECU Number 2

On your vehicle there are two engine ecus and the fault lies within ecu 2 rather than number one that this code comes from. You need to scan ecu 2 to find the actual cause of fault .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did clear the fault from ECU2 but i keep getting different faults popping up every few days the faults stored are different every time. I always get implausible signal p1923 coming up always on the engine management side, could this be a dry or dirty connector on the BUS to the engine?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Its possible but unlikely this code is set purly to notify you that there is a fault in ecu 2 .you need to concentrate on the codes in there .do you know what codes youve been seeing ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been all different from oxygen sensor, to inlet manifold flap, to gearbox response they always seem to change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had the same fault pop up twice
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok it could be that ecu 2 is in trouble il opt out see if another tech has any ideas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you thats why i thought maybe a had a dry or bad wiring connector to the engine side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car seems to be running absolutely fine otherwise
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Do you have the codes that were set in ecu #2 ? p codes or 5 digit sae codes please! thanks