peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Ilia i put my audi 2009 A4 CAB in the garage winter and put

Customer Question

Customer: ilia i put my audi 2009 A4 CAB in the garage for the winter and put the top down...a few weeks later i put the top up but it would not go up. the trunk part would open a bit and stop and the roof wouldn't come out. So i manually closed it and today i tried to open it and it would unlock but not go all the way back but it would lock back up normally? Could it be the cold weather?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what could it bee
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually what occurs here and causes this type of fault is one or more of the micro switches that send signals on what position the roof and roof components are in fail and send an incorrect signal.When this occurs the roof will stop operating like you see here due to one of the signals being incorrect on the roofs position.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the switch signals to locate the affected switch needing replaced.

One of the switches can fail in its own like this here especially in the cold weather.There is a chance that the roof motor/pump has failed due to the cold weather causing this needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help pinpoint and correct the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete