Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I am trying to find out how to reset or reprogram the anti

Customer Question

Customer: I am trying to find out how to reset or reprogram the anti theft system on a 98 A4 2.8L. Audi told me I have to bring them the instrument cluster and pay them a thousand dollars. Help! Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately unless you have access to a dealer scan tool you can not do the programming your self. That being said there are in some cases lock smiths that do have the equipment and may be able to do this for you. You may want to call around in your area and see if you can find one that can do it for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the advice.-Kate
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Your very welcome Kate and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.