AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

$07e9 $07e8 I got these two codes on a car I just bought.

Customer Question

$07e9
$07e8
I got these two codes on a car I just bought. 2007 Audi 8l with the 4.2 L
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I do need some more info . the codes #'s that you have given does not jive . What scan tool are you using please (make and model)? second does your scan tool gives a 5 digit code of the fault?

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I bought a Syntech professional scanner. My friends told me the same thing that it needs another code number or something but I don't know how to use it at this point. Let me get back to you

please do !!! Pxxxx codes or the 5 digit sae # ***** be sufficient!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately I deleted the codes and but did not see any other five digit code other than the two I discussed

the only way is to have the 5 digit sae code format or the Pxxxx format to assist. if you drive the car and the check engine light comes back on then scan again and let me know!!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Check engine light came on again today. I'll be back at my shop on Wednesday and will touch base with you then. Thank you again
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

My pleasure!!