gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy
12249065

I have a p1545 body allignment code on the odb reader audi

Customer Question

I have a p1545 for throttle body allignment code on the odb reader for 1999 audi a6 , I think there a way to clear this error with vag-com software, I have the software but I cant seem to get it to connect, it replies no adapter found, any suggestions
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The VAG-COM software, if you buy the registered version, comes with a connector for the OBD port. You can get a shareware version of the software, but they will not offer support or guarantee it will work unless you buy their connector, as there is a "translator" that works between the port and the computer. Even on the older Snap-On scanners there was a "key" that had to be inserted into the tool to translate the system.