sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Would suspect it is possible to turn off alarm on audi a6

Customer Question

Customer: hi there would suspect it is possible to turn off alarm on audi a6 1999 because it goes off on its own
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the alarm goes off randomly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok great
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I have a couple of issues actually, one odb error reads 1545 which I looked it up and referring to a throttle body misalignedment or electrical issue, and the alarm kept going off for no appearent reason before this happened,
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I do have engine code p1545 error which indicates throttle body misalignment and originally error was catalytic converter threshold above limit values, can the cat cause a no start problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also is there a way to align the throttle body with ECM programing
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
or resolve that error
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a bunch of youtube videos for a4 using vagcom is the process the same for the a6 atq
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are two ways to disarm the alarm when it goes off. You can press the unlock button on a functional key fob, and the other way would be to manually unlock a door with the key.

Assuming it's a factory alarm, it will go off when it sees activity on a door ajar circuit when the system has not been disarmed. The issue could be wiring but it's more likely the a door, hood, or trunk ajar switch is showing activity. This could be due to a failed ajar switch in one of the latches or a short to ground on one of the circuits in the harness, or it could be a door, hood or the trunk lid isn't closing properly.