peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My name is ***** ***** and i'm trying to find a way to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** ***** and i'm trying to find a way to unlock my radio which is currently on Safe mode.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an 2000 A6. I've read up on how to unlock Safe mode. Just looking for an answer on how to find the radio serial #.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, I'm going to head out for lunch. we can resume when I get back. thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm back and I've placed the deposit.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually the serial number is ***** on the radio on the back or sides or top or bottom of it or on a sticker on the radio itself.Usually the radio needs removed to then inspect to locate the serial number then the radio code can be obtained.If you need info on how to remove the radio to check for the serial number let me know.If it has already been removed and checked for with no luck let me know as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete