AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I just was on this site. And lost it. I have a audi 1997. I

Customer Question

I just was on this site. And lost it. I have a audi 1997. I just had in the garage for an inspection. I had a check engine light. The mechanic said i need a fuel pump and with that ,they had to do the timing belt. Paid over $900.00. And after i drove it away it drove like tank. Horrible. Now it has been less that 1 to2 week. And now it won't stay running. And the catalytic converter gets red hot. I changed the plugs, coil pack. And still. I haven't a car to drive. My mother is dear , but i'm running her mileage up on the car she just bought. Help.
Category: Audi
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Audi tech.

It looks to me the shop did the timing belt wrong and throwing off the timing. Therefore it is running rough like a tank.

Where is the car now?