peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I can't not open my trunk with the key or remote control or

Customer Question

Hi I can't not open my trunk with the key or remote control or the led and it's not on velet mode
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the trunk latch itself.I have seen the latch fail/act up before in the past and cause this type of fault here needing replaced.In some cases you can spray a small amount of lubricant into the trunk cylinder and allow it to sit to then turn the cylinder with the key and this will work and in other cases the cylinder may need drilled out to try and manually release the latch to then replace the latch and the cylinder or a lock smith may need to come out and open the trunk with their tools to check the latch to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete