gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy
12249065

I have a 2000 A6, and I have to turn it over about six times

Customer Question

Customer: Hey I have a 2000 A6, and I have to turn it over about six times before it will crank. After it sits for an hour or so, it does the same every time. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sometimes the gas meter will fluctuate,it wil drop low even after just filling up. It sounds like it may be getting too much fuel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure I'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like your fuel supply is draining back to the tank- due to a failing one-way valve in the fuel pump. You can access it through the access port under the rear seat, no need to drop the tank.