AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

My 2007 Audi A6 front Passenger headlight unit is not

Customer Question

My 2007 Audi A6 front Passenger headlight unit is not working. is there a relay or control module for this? All of the lights on the passenger side don't work, no high beam, no low beam, no turn signal. the fuses are fine and all headlights bulb are working when I plug them in on the driver side. the driver side works fine
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the headlights are halogen bulbs. I brought a HID kit for it and get better lighting. both ballast and lights work with the cables that was provided when I tested it. but now the whole passenger side front headlight unit is out. fog lights work as well.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I DO NEED MORE INFO!! I do need the vin # ***** get the factory repair and wiring information to assist. thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
vin # *****

great let me get diagram and trace it out and will get back asap. fyi i will be on the road home so there will be some time needed!!

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OKAY

thanks for being paitient !!! if you disconnect the 10 pin connector at the headlamp and take a volt meter from batt positve to pin 5 of the 10 pin connector does the meter read 12 volts?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have a volt meter yet, but I am going to buy one on this weekend. when I do, if I don't get any volts How should I processed versus if there is 12 volts. do you think it is ground wire for pin 5 and 7 because of all the headlights are out with the turn signal.

ground wire is pin 5!!! checking the ground first . scan tool may be needed for this because if there is an electrical short the lighting module will cut the power to the connector