AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Solenoid clicks rapidly when tting gas pedal in reverse and

Customer Question

Customer: solenoid clicks rapidly when hitting gas pedal in reverse and foward
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2002 audi a4 quattro, when you start the car you can hear a solenoid rapidly cycling on and off. I'm assuming its the fuel relay, because it happens when I hit the gas backing out of driveway or first starting the car and driving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

can you gain access to see which relay it is and take a picture pointing to the relay. you have to feel each relay in order to pinpoint which one . since there is alot of relays need to narrow down and then pinpoint that relay circuit. also once knowing which relay by a pic i do need a vin # ***** pull up factory information to assist in the trace out!!!

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, I have to work 16 hours tomorrow, so I will let you know first thing Friday morning

That is fine

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
AUDI A4 QUATTRO 3.0 WAULT68E52A160862, IT IS THE FUEL PUMP RELAY

Picture of the relay box and pointing to the relay please. Want to make sure

Thanks