AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Hallo, so glad i finally got 2 u. when i showed on my

Customer Question

Customer: hallo, so glad i finally got 2 u. when i showed on my display the display oil lever level sensor, he turned that display off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2 days later, after driving approx. 30 miles, my Audi started smoking/steaming checking under the hood, water was steaming, in the back i saw a lg. oil paddle!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: o.k.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

You have a leak of some kind- coolant is under pressure, which keeps it from boiling as it gets hot. If you have a leak, it allows the coolant to start boiling, and it will push out wherever it can. You are going to need to isolate where the leak is and replace that component.

What engine do you have in your Audi? This will help me to give you some pointers on parts that are common failure points.

Are you sure you had an oil leak as well, or was it coolant that picked up an oily sheen after running down the engine? Is there a visible trace of an oil leak on your engine?