AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

MY ISSUE IS AN A4 2003 3.0 CABRIO, TOP AND WINDOWS INOP, I

Customer Question

Customer: I AM BILL, MY ISSUE IS AN A4 2003 3.0 CABRIO, TOP AND WINDOWS INOP, I DISCONNECT BATTERY FOR 10 SECONDS AND EVERYTHING WORKS ,AFTER ABOUT 2 MINUTES OR LESS EVERYTHING QUITS AGAIN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: AFTER RESETTING BATTERY TOP WORKS ALL WAY DOWN AND UP, BUT AFTER PUTTING TOP UP FOR A FEW MINUTES , WINDOWS AND TOP QUIT WORKING
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

first thing i need to know is that is the drivers side carpet wet or damp ? second under the carpet is the comfort module that controls the windows. in a black box open the box is the connectors gang green of corrosion?

please let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of that is wrong, ,after reseting computer by disconecting battery convertible top and windows work
After 2 minutes they quit again
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok got to ask that first . do you have VAG COM scan tool i do believe you have a communication issue with the system a scan test and pinpoint is needed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL CHECK THE BOX UNDER THE SEAT, HAVE TO PULL SEAT OUT,, HOWEVER WINDOWS WORK .
WHAT EVER IT IS HAVE TO DO WITH CONVERTIBLE TOP I BELIEVE , I DON;T HAVE THE VAG COM WILL TAKE IT TO A FRIENDS SHOP THAT HAS ONE BEFORE PULLING SEAT OUT..
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

please do that scan first and the seat does not have to come out you can lift the carpet and gain access by removing the sill panel at the door to reach for the box and pull out. but do the scan first on all modules. then get back!!