AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have an 2007 Audi A 4 Cabriolet. The alarm system kept

Customer Question

I have an 2007 Audi A 4 Cabriolet. The alarm system kept going on for no reason. Now the battery went dead. I jumped it with my Jump Pack & it started up I put battery on trickle charge & when it got a charge the alarm system started beeping& the car locked with key inside. I got car opened & put window down it went half way & stopped No window work now & the convertible top light came on. .I took for ride & it stopped then parking brake light came on but it wasn't engaged. I took cable off battery overnight. Now I get a loud buzzing from under dashboard near glove box and light on dash that shows the car whole front blinks red . Help. Dave.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't forget me !
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need to know some more info. first has the battery been tested to make sure that it will hold a full charge? second do you have VAG COM scan tool to scan for codes and find out the last 3 alarm trips?

please let me know!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it you do not know what the problem is I will rate you At -0
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

FYI i'm an AUDI master tech at a deler for over 15 yrs. Some issues require sophisticated tools, that you may not own. Would you want me to say to replace a part and not fixing your issue than logically narrow down the issue ? Put yourself in my shoes .