Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

No start. Dash display says depress clutch pedal. I have

Customer Question

No start. Dash display says depress clutch pedal. I have experience as a technician. Inspected interlock switch & it is good. Checked all fuses -good. Have the Bently manual but the schematics are very confusing. Checked some of the relays that the manual says we're related but no success.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

When you say interlock switch do you mean the clutch pedal position switch or the neutral safety switch?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

1. Check for ground at terminal 6/b of the J433 Starter Interlock Relay located in the Main Relay Panel Position #13 (under left side of the dash) with the clutch depressed and the key in the crank position.

2. The V94 Central Locking Module (in the right rear of the trunk) provides a ground to activate the J433 Relay when the Clutch Switch F194 is activated by depressing the clutch.

3. If no ground is available on pin 6/b of the J433 relay, apply a ground and verify the relay activates and the starter cranks the engine (NOTE! Ensure the vehicle is out of gear before performing this test).

4. If relay operation is normal and the vehicle cranks, check for proper operation of the F194 Clutch Switch. The switch should open and close a path to ground as the clutch is depressed. If the switch fails to operate properly it is faulty and must be replaced.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Clutch pedal switch diagram from Audi.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information. I would love to help if you still need assistance.

Don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.