peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 A6 and the ignition will not work

Customer Question

Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you explain to me what is occuring with this here and what has been done to try and locate or correct the fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a key fab and also an ignition switch that when I try to use does not work. that is to say the car does not start with either the start button and or the manual key start. NOthing has been done thus far to correct the problem or identify the issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the MMI screen does come on and all functionality is working, radio, Bluetooth, etc...

Have you checked the battery to make sure it isn't weak?

Do you hear any noises when trying to start the vehicle inside the vehicle or under the hood at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no noises what so ever. Battery is good.

O.k.,this may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail before with the keyless and key start disabling the starting of the vehicle and had to replace it.This will have to be tested further using a compatible scan tool to monitor data and check fault codes as well as a multi meter.

The other issue I have seen is a fault with the starter itself.It can fail or the starter solenoid on the starter can fail and will cause issues like this here.This can be tested with a multi meter to see if the starter is the cause here.

Both of these will cause this issue and with no noises at all anywhere (no relays clicking,starter solenoid click,etc.) this sounds like a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete