Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician vw/ audi specialist
84635724

I have a 2001 Audi A6 2.7t Quattro radio is in safe mode. I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Audi A6 2.7t Quattro radio is in safe mode. I have Code. How do I enter it? Has Audi symphony in it
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin Turn ignition to on, not starting the car. You will see the word SAFE. Press both the RDS and FM2 buttons at the same time until you see a four digit number appear. Using the 1,2,3, and 4 buttons enter your code. 1 will change the first number, 2 the second and so on. Once you have the correctcode entered, press the RDS and FM2 buttons again, holding them until the radio comes on which should only take a few seconds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to run to bathroom be right back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in car and doesn't work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has a rbds botton
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rds button
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

This info is for synthony 2 is this the stereo you have ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 2001 Audi A6 2.7t Quattro with Audi symphony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I enter code
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I don't offer phone service another tech may call you need to turn ignition on don't start car turn radio on then hold rbds and p scan button at the same time this can take up to a minute but it will work

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

It will then come up with the four zeros you use the numbers to change them to code. So number 1 it for the first digit in your code you press this as many times as you need so if the first number in code is 3 you press 1 3 times then use 2 for the second and so on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have held for min and doesn't do anything do I keep holding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Held for 3 min 30 sec and did nothing
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Here is another run through try this without key turned on !!

order.

1. Turn on radio. The radio display shows "SAFE".
  2. Press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.
  3. Use Preset buttons 1 ... 4 to enter the four-digit code number from your radio card. Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press of the button increments the number by 1.
  4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.
  5. The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards.
  6. If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't work either
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok il opt out another tech may have more info