Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Driving me crazy. 2005 s4 b6 cab, tiptronic. new radiator.

Customer Question

Hi. Driving me crazy. 2005 s4 b6 cab, tiptronic. new radiator. Leaking coolant from upper hose at the quick disconnect. Leaking a lot. No o ring or anything that i can see, just plastic w/ a metal clip to lock. Why leaking so much? Don't see any cracks in plastic. Also just replaced valve cover gaskets, Ticking noise. Too tight? Replaced idler pulley and tensioner too. Running rough. noisy. Everything got tightened down right. Did jerry rig the stripped out idler bolt w/ a bolt and free washer. Maybe. new car for me. Struggling. Also replaced the cv axel and now the abs light won't go off and the rotor is not lock down but not spinning free. Caliper all up on it. Wtf germany?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

the quick disconnect hoses rely on the hose part being absolutely clean and undamaged, where the spigot plugs inside so try inspecting and wiping out the inside of the hose as the 1st thing - if this doesn't help then replace the hose

the valve / cam cover bolts won't result in a ticking though so this might be a problem with a leaking exhaust manifold gasket as these can 'tick' if the leak is from 1 cylinder - feel around the headd to manifold joint with bare hands on a cold engine to see if you can find any leaks a leaking exhaust will also result in a rough running engine as the o2 sensor signal gets corruppted by the leak

also check that the axle was the correct type as the ABS ring on the stub can be in different locations which would result in no ABS signal into the ECU - it sounds like it might also be the wrong type if you can't tighten the hub nut to fully lock up the stub axle

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.