AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2001 audi TT. Last year the alternator had to be

Customer Question

I have a 2001 audi TT. Last year the alternator had to be replaced. I have an intermittent check engine light ever since. Code is low voltage. The light is apt to stay on or off for 200+ miles. Any ideas
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

First thing is to check the battery terminals of the battery itself make sure that they are tight. next there is a fuse box on top of the battery . flip the cover and see if the first cable on the left is not melted , burnt or the terminal end is not blued /black. a pic of the fuse box for me would be great so i can have my eyes see it .

please let me know!!

thanks