gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy
12249065

I went to pick up 2002 TT quatro.could not open with

Customer Question

I went to pick up 2002 TT quatro.could not open with key/remote.openes hood from underneat.batrey was flat.changed battery.I could only open the boot with remote.I can hear door solinoids but doors cannot be opened using key remote and cosule botton. how can I open doors.to drive it I have to enter from boot
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The door latches for the front door should open when the interior handles are pulled. When we have a car that is locked out, we use an inflatable wedge at the upper corner of the door to give us a small gap to get a long metal rod with a hooked end, and pull the handle with that. If you can get into the cabin through the boot (through the ski pass through in the seat?) you can pull the handles and they will release.

I would replace both latches.