Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
2947720

My battery in my 2010R8v10 is dead - haven't driven it in a

Customer Question

hey..my battery in my 2010R8v10 is dead - haven't driven it in a long time. I had to use the emergency hood release. However I can't seem to open the battery panel.
It's on the front part of the luggage compartment right? There is a lever on a square approx. 4x6 panel which opens to the right if you're facing the car, but then nothing else seems to happen. I don't want to force it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

The battery is more toward the center actually. If you take the luggage compartment liner out it is behind that.

.

I do not have access to your email address,

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as is allowed.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it. I thought it was the panel on the front side.
Is it ok to boost the battery from another car, or is it better to trickle charge it?igor
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

The trickle charge would be best.

.

Discharged sulfated batteries must be charged as follows using a low charging current:

• Adjust the charge current to approximately 5% of the battery capacity, for example, the charging current for a 60 Ah battery is then approximately 3 ampere.

¤The battery voltage must be at least 0.6 volt!

¤The (VAS 5095A), (VAS 5900), (VAS 5903), (VAS 5904) and (VAS 5906) battery chargers automatically detect exhaustively discharged batteries and carefully start the charging procedure with a low charging current. The charge current is automatically adjusted to the battery charge state.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

.