gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy
12249065

My 2004 audi A8 has not been driven bit and have lost my

Customer Question

my 2004 audi A8 has not been driven for a bit and have lost my normal driving ke. All I have is my valet key and my 2nd key fob which is not stuck in the ignition.
Since valet key will not open truck or glove compartment (i think), how do i get my remaining key fob out of the ignition i because cannot open truck with out key .
tips for help that works now.
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

you should be able to press the shifter knob button in order to release the ignition key lock. Make sure the shifter is in park, of course, as that will keep it locked. In an emergency there should be a small hole next to the ignition receiver that allows you to stick a wire in to release the key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The hole is there but does not release key. There also is a tab that i am not sure of its function but appears to be related to ignition system

How far does the wire have do go is for it to disengage a key.

Can I jump the car enough from front somewhere to get key out to open truck.According to the dealer there is a location under to hood in following years

Nothing shared so far that I have not died myself (no offense), need extra wisdom (worth tip)).

help

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

There is a jump point in the engine bay, it is on the drivers' side at the rear of the engine bay, behind a plastic cover on the firewall. There is a large ground peg right in front of the cover (which is kind of ridiculous, because you can attach the negative cable to any metal part of the body or engine)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that did not seem to work correctly for 2004 Audi A8.

put all points bulletin out for my other key and finally found it.

thanks for help but you missed the make on this one.

had i stopped with your recommendation and got professional help as required it might have cost me close to 1K.

maybe better luck next time and thanks for the effort....