Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

2002 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T Wagon 217,000 miles 1. inlet pipes

Customer Question

2002 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T Wagon 217,000 miles 1. inlet pipes to heater core (pipe coming out is 40 degrees colder than when going in). Heat inside car works only when accelerating and when I come to stop it gets colds instantly. 2. (front windows)-when
I put the windows down they go back up on their own about 85% of the time.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

By the description of symptoms, I suspect that the heater core has a partial restriction in it. Remove the heater core hoses and use a garden hose to flush the heater core out in both directions.

For the power windows, I need the vin number to pull the schematics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspected it's the heater core, I have already attempted to flush it front and backwards. I'll just go ahead and replace it.Here's the vintage for the windows situation. (VIN
WAUVC68E52A222155)
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I will need to opt out as I dont have the power window schematics for yours. If another expert does, they will post here

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, you're correct on the heater core, they're extremely common on these vehicles so you should be good once it's replaced. With the windows, what you're describing is very likely a failing window motor, the computer in the motor is likely seeing incorrect window resistance so it reverses direction when it gets down. Before replacing those motors however, if you haven't reset the one touch feature I would do that first, as it's possible for that to cause that issue as well. To reset it you simply hold the window button down until it closes then continue to hold it down approx 2 seconds after it bottoms out. Then repeat that going up. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Just a reminder please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!