FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

I'm not familiar with this process of paying you. Is it just

Customer Question

Hi- I'm not familiar with this process of paying you. Is it just 1 question per $31 or can we get to the root of the problem and come up with a plan? I'm on on a road trip with my 2004 Audi all road from CO to CA and back. Engine light has always been on since buying car 3 mths ago- maybe faulty O2 sensors. Over the last three days the car hasn't given me problems until this afternoon. Earlier today I was on long straight stretches where I was hitting 105 for a brief moment and spending about 30 minutes going around 90. And then an hour later I was noticing that cruising around 55 miles an hour and up the car had a new vibration. When I tAke my foot off the pedal the ride is smooth. It feels like you're going over small rumble strips when I feel vibration. I've done research and maybe it's engine problems- bad plugs, air filter etc. Can I keep driving in morning? San Diego is 3 hrs away where I have biz meetings. Probably Easier to have car looked at there vs Palm Springs.
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. The amount you put in is the amount that is charged until the problem is resolved or you feel satisfied. I would like to try and help you with this. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Bobby- Yes. Did you read everything I wrote? "Engine light has always been on since buying car 3 mths ago- maybe faulty O2 sensors."
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I saw that. I should have rephrased that. Unfortunately the fact that the check engine light has been on makes it hard to determine what else may be going on. I would start by having the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free if you cannot get by a repair shop. What you are feeling may be a bad coil or worn spark plugs, or if it is not losing any power it may be a failing cv axle. If you can have the codes scanned it may give us a better idea of what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a failing cv axle stop making the car shake the second you take your foot off the pedal?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Yes. When the axle fails it will tend to vibrate under load and not when you let off of the gas pedal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm- assuming it's an axle problem, does it get progressively worse as I keep driving? Does it start to shake at lower and lower speeds? Is it OK to drive the car tomorrow for three more hours to San Diego? How about back to Colorado? Is this something that a repair shop will probably take a week to fix? What's the guesstimate on how much something like that would cost?With your experience and if you're a better man do you think this is more of an axle issue or an engine issue ?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Typically an axle issue will remain for quite some time without getting worse. It really sounds like that but I would need more information to know for sure. If you can have the codes read that would help. If it was the axle it would typically cost about $300-400 to have a repair shop fix it. This is about a half day job at the most.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let's reconnect in morning. I'm falling asleep. Thx!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to respond. Have a good night.