Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I got an Audi Quattro A4 1.8T 2001 and all the sudden the

Customer Question

Good morning ... I got an Audi Quattro A4 1.8T 2001 and all the sudden the power windows stop working at all , I did check the fuses and all of them in a good working condition , can u tell what to do or where to check if u don't mind .
Thanks ,
Moe .
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

These windows are all controlled by one central unit in the trunk. You will need a multi-meter to correctly diagnose the problem:

1. Check for reference voltage (12 V) to one of the window switches. This is a Black/Yellow wire.

2. If there is no reference voltage, check output from the central locking module at the right rear of the trunk on the Black/Yellow wire at pin B9.

3. If there is no voltage at pin B9, check fuses 6, 14, 38 and power inputs to the module at pin B8 (Red/Blue), B4 (Red/Black), A8 (Black/Blue ignition on), and A2 (Red, key in ignition). Check for ground on B5 (Brown).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jared ... Can u tell me or send me a picture where in the trunk if u don't mind
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Here you go. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot .. Will let u know
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found all this area wet ... Using a heat gun to dry it first thin going to check it .... Thanks again Jared
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I would probably suspect the connector has corrosion if there is water back there. Unplug the harness connector, check for rust and corrosion and spray WD40 in there to displace the water and plug it back in. It just might start working again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do that ... Thanks
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work ... Do you know from where to get a used one and how much it cost ?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I can't find one new anywhere. It might have to be ordered from the Audi Dealer. Did you notice that it looked damaged?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you need more help. Please don't forget to rate.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Don't forget to rate (that's how we experts get paid).