AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

my audi 6 is not starting, it turns but it doesn't

Customer Question

Customer: tommy
my audi 6 is not starting, it turns but it doesn't start, when u pull the key out its not making the clicking noise and the steering wheel column seems to be locked
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Audi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.

Hello i am here to help you can you tell me what year your A6 is ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quattro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not starting, it's turns and the radio still comes on, when I take the key out of the ignition it doesn't make that clicking sound too
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.

Does the crank like normal or just not crank at all ?? also do you see a message on the cluster saying immobilizer active ??