Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My car is blowing level control modules. 2001 audi allroad

Customer Question

My car is blowing level control modules. 2001 audi allroad 2.7t
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was fine until I started driving it after replacement. It would idle allday and not blow it up. Looking for anyhelp here
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hello. First I do need a vin# ***** the vehicle please. And second. Blowing it up can you elaborate on that? What codes are stored, any leaks of the struts, etc....... Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin: WAUYP64B81N135905
Address 34: Level Control Labels: 4Z7-907-553.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 4Z7 907 553 B
Component and/or Version: - 2C1A1 X031
Software Coding: 25500
Work Shop Code: WSC 09999
VCID: 44877E1F5419031E39-5124
1 Fault Found:65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
00-00 - -And What I mean by blowing up is this. I can plug in a new module and it will work until I start driving the car and then it will error out, leveling will no longer work and it will change all the way down to setting 1. Pull the codes with my vag and it comes up with the attached log file. Clear it and the 65535 remains. It did have a leak but no longer does. It worked fine with the leak and after it. It was the LR strut leaking.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks for the info . there is a tech bulletin where the level sensors in the front gets moisture in them then shorts the module out . the sensors needs to be replaced then a new module . then calibration is needed to set the level correctly!!

FYI i do have a spare module that is good and is the updated part # *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about the phone call. That was a mistake. It never grew any codes for the sensors. Is there a test I can do to be sure. As you know these modules are expensive and I'm going onto number 4. I can't afford to keep going at this rate. Thanks again
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Group: 43 Number: 01-01 Date: May 8, 2001 Subject: Self-Leveling System Inoperative, Level Control Check Light On Model(s): allroad 2001 Condition Indicator lamp for the suspension level control system -K134- is on; self-leveling suspension is inoperative. DTC's 01780, and either 00774 or 00776 are stored in DTC memory. Rubber sealing plugs for vacant electrical connector ports could be missing or incorrect. This may cause water ingress into electrical connector at front level control system sensors and corrosion to electrical contacts. Service - Check vacant electrical connector ports and install solid rubber plugs if missing. Also replace any existing rubber plugs with solid rubber plugs. - Inspect electrical pin connectors at front level control system sensors (see Repair Manual, Level Control System, Servicing). - Replace corroded electrical pin connectors, Part No. 000 979 009 (includes 5 connectors), as well as the affected level control system sensor. ^ If DTC 65535 is stored in DTC memory, the self-leveling suspension control module -J197- is damaged and must also be replaced. Note: ^ The Wiring Harness Repair Kit VAS 1978 contains the necessary solid rubber sealing plugs. ^ VAS 1978 includes instructions for replacing electrical pin connectors. CAUTION! Part numbers are for reference only. Always check with your Parts Dept. for the latest parts information. If pin connectors or level control system sensors are replaced under New Vehicle Limited Warranty, use the following: Part ID: 4319 Use appropriate Labor Operation and Time Units for this procedure.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

here is the tech bulletin!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are pretty certain this is the issue. I will check the connectors in the morning. How much do you want for you extra unit and what is the new number. Also is there a way to test them other than a visual check? THanks again so much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so I just pulled the front two level sensors to inspect them before throwing parts at it. Neither on has any sort of corrosion on them. Not on the plug side, sensor side nor inside the sensor on the board. its all perfectly clean. What else can keep popping the module but seemingly only after driving for a distance?