Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Right side headlight is completely dead. no lights work on

Customer Question

Right side headlight is completely dead. no lights work on it at all. The Stealership changed the ballast and it blew right away. now they want to change the headlight, ballast, the bulb and some other thing up there totaling about $2000. I would like to see what it could be the correct way by testing things and not throwing 2000 worth of parts at it. also the fog lights seem to not always work as well
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I see you are wanting to test yourself for diagnosing the issue. You will need a good working knowledge of reading wiring diagrams, a voltmeter, test lamp, and most importantly, a scan tool tool with full function capabilities for testing control module, ballast and command functions.

If you have these, I will be happy to walk you thru the testing, just need the vin number to pull the wiring diagrams and schematics for your vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have access to all that including vagcom. Jus need to know what needs to be getting power and when cause I'm at a lost to why the stealership wants to just change everything besides greed!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HELLO???

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

sorry, your question disappeared from my list. I am heading out of town for a family function and will opt out so another expert can help