Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Working on an 08 A4 turbo. no fuel pressure and fuel gauge

Customer Question

working on an 08 A4 turbo. no fuel pressure and fuel gauge went to empty. without much diagnosis we replaced the fuel pump module at the tank. This did not repair the issue. it has fuel pressure when we jump the pump. Before we start further diagnosis, is there a common issue with these or is there a direction you can send me in towards quick diagnosis?
thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

did you do a scan test of the vehicle to see if there were any fault codes stored?

please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there are none. we are an ase certified shop, so we did check the basics first. i was hoping an Audi dealership tech has seen this before and could point us in the right direction. thanks.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

so you did replace the black box but did you replace the fuel pump too (intank)?