peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Q5 with sudden loss of power: 4-year-old Audi has performed

Customer Question

Q5 with sudden loss of power: 4-year-old Audi has performed flawlessly in all conditions until it suddenly lost propulsion after driving only 2 blocks at 35 MPH. Electrical systems remained on. Pressing the key fob would not allow the fob to be removed, but would restart the engine (strong battery), RPMs begin to register, then the engine immediately shut down again. This happened repeatedly. The following day after the vehicle was towed to the dealer, it started and performed normally. Environmental circumstances were notable for very high humidity.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen issues with weak fuel pumps that will cause this needing replaced as well as a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself in some cases.If you have not had these tested here to see if either of these are the cause this needs done and if one is found to be at fault it will need replaced to correct this fault.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** had already received this information from a couple of other sources since I didn't hear from Just Answer. I guess I should have indicated that it was urgent, as I was led to expect a more timely response. Thanks for your time.

Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete