Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2002 B5s4: Rapid clicking noise under hood. Sounds closer to

Customer Question

2002 B5s4: Rapid clicking noise under hood. Sounds closer to the firewall than the front end.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
97xxx milies and the guy that sold it said the water pump and tensioner have been replaced. He had receipts for the water pump but not tensioner. I don't think anyone would do one without the other so I believed him when he said it was done, but who knows! After running a while the clicking sound is almost completely gone. I have not driven the car since I heard this on cold start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lifter?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately with out being there to hear the noise you are describing its very hard to tell you for sure what is causing it, one thing you can try if you suspect one of the pulleys and or tensioner is the source is to remove the drive belt and see if the noise clears and if so, inspect each pulley for any signs of roughness and or excessive play. If after doing so and the noise persists if possible make a video recording of it and post the link to YouTube and send me the link so I can listen to it and I will try and help you pinpoint the cause.