Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2012 Audi TT which has a trunk that will not open

Customer Question

Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

1st thing to say is that the emergency release mechanisim needs quite a 'tug' to get it to release so try giving it a real pull

also have you tried locking and unlocking the car with the key in the door and with the engne off.

this resets and the releases the locks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried this before not helpful
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ok in that case try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clampto hold both battery lead terminals together.

This dischargesany capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We got the trunk open. We went to a Firestone station
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

glad you got it sorted

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did fine
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

if youre satisfied with my answers then there should be some rating buttons below this answer, please rate me appropiately