Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2008 Q7 - check engince light came on, it read it

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Q7 - check engince light came on, it read it was the mass flow air sensor. When the mechanic went in to replace it, they said that wasn't the problem and I need to take it to Audi ($$$$). When the car is idle, the rpm's shake around and you can feel it when youre in the car. I dont want to go get ripped off by audi.. but not sure what else to do
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin first what engine do you have fitted and what was the fault code/s you had present?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 3.6 is that what youre referring to? I dont recall the actual code now,just thatbit said the mass air intake sensor needed to be replaced. The shop ordered the part from audi then went to put it in but ince they got into it,they said it wasnt the sensor thats bad but they cant see what is wrong. They replaced the air filter, as was needed.. But im nervous to go to the dealer (i didnt buy it there, bougt used in another state)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok I don't list this engine in my info I'm uk only il opt out another professional will be along shortly

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

is there any way to get the code # ***** the wording and #'s behind the code please to assist. it is vital to get an accurate code and information

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the code any more, can't find where I wrote it down, I just know it said mass flow intake sensor. Now the light is off, but Im just told "pay 150.00" and we'll tell you what it Really is... Maybe Im just SOL since I dont have the code..
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

did you try auto zone they do a scan for free !!