Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I've got a 2005 audi a6 3.2 quattro and the MMI shut off

Customer Question

I've got a 2005 audi a6 3.2 quattro and the MMI shut off randomly and will not fully turn back one. When I try to power it on the screen lights up as normal showing the audi mmi logo and then a soft low pitched popping sound occurs in the front left speaker only. I've done a little research and figured worse case the "brain" of the mmi would need to be replaced.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Your assumption is correct. The only symptom chart for your description is the noise in the speaker which states to replace the MMI unit to address that.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris